Friday, December 10, 2010

Taking the Bus

The past week we have had over 40" of snow.  No more bicycling to work.  I take CENTRO bus, which picks me up about a block from my house on Court Street, and drops me off a block from my work on Molloy Road.  The cost for a ride is $1.25.  In the morning, the bus is fairly full at the 7:30.  The evening bus
at 5 pm is mostly empty, yesterday we had 5 passengers.  It is the last of 3 buses into Syracuse for our area of business.   There is a 3:30 and a 4:30 bus as well.  This morning, I am trying an earlier bus, at 6:30 am.  (Post note:  the bus was on time, as well as the 4:30 bus home, though the roads were much better today)
The weather has taken its toll on the buses as well as other traffic.  My morning bus, which comes from downtown, has been 20 plus minutes late.  I suspect the bus yesterday got stuck downtown, as I went home after waiting and got my wife to drive me to work.
Last year, when I still worked downtown, my usual bus going home, the Oak-Darlington, was cancelled.  We had 5 to 10 people on the way home.  That was ok, because I had two other options, the Court street bus which took me to 1 block from my house or the Grant Bus which took me to 1/2 mile from my house, and was a quicker more direct run.  Both of these buses were packed, and I usually sat in the back.  The bus drivers have always been very courteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment